[Best Practice: Buy your web hosting from a company other than where you registered your domain name.]
[FYI: Moving a WordPress website from one hosting company to another hosting company is an easy process. This means that you don’t have to make a lifetime commitment to where your site was first hosted.]
We sell web hosting at ABCInc-Domains for around $75/year with unlimited storage space, unmetered bandwidth, and free SSL. Many people start there for the the first 6-12 months.
There are companies that special in hosting WordPress sites:
- The consensus among WordPress developers is that you should avoid GoDaddy hosting (domain name registration is OK).
- Bluehost is recommended by WordPress.org, and runs $100/$180 per year (often on sale)
- Dreamhost is recommended by WordPress.org, and starts at $36/year ~ but you have to read this, and other offers, carefully. Not only is email sold separately, customer service wrote “Prices: Monthly plan: $4.95, 1-year plan: $47.40, and 3-year plan: $93.24”
- Siteground is recommended by WordPress.org. They run $144/yr to $420/year (on sale Jan 2019 for $50-$140/year)
- WPEngine has an excellent reputation but is expensive, with the starter plan priced at $35/month
- Also for your consideration: Hostgator.com, InMotionHosting, A2Hosting.com, Site5.com, etc.
There are several features to compare: site load speed, storage, bandwidth, email, and especially support (availability, experience).
I am a big fan of the website WPWinning.com, and I recommend the 3 minutes to watch their Video Explaining Managed WordPress Hosting. Their price point begins @ $15/month. The managed providers mentioned in their video are WPEngine, FlyWheel, Pagely, and Kinsta.
Here is another, developer-oriented, review/discussion of hosting: WordPress Hosting: How to Make the Right Choice for Your Clients? (WPLift)
[ABCInc-Domains is not mentioned in the video, but does have a managed WordPress plan,]
Here’s an after-thought: How to Determine When It’s Time to Switch WordPress Hosts.
Welcome: we want to build your business….